Operations Manager 36647
Our client based in South Bristol is now seeking an experienced Operations Manager.
Salary c. £60,000
- As part of the Senior Management team, lead the Production team within the factory, focusing on continuous improvement. Contribute to the company’s strategy and demonstrate the company values and behaviors.
- Manage the Production management team to include all associated functions and be a champion for high product quality, Health and Safety and efficient delivery. Monitor, interrogate and analyse all information relating to performance ensuring cost saving plans are developed and implemented from the results. Ensure good use of visual management techniques are in place and a top loss reviews are carried out and actions derived from them.
- Lead, develop and empower the Production Management team to deliver against daily plan.
- Work closely with the planning team to ensure there is a clear understanding of customer requirements and the daily departmental plan is delivered efficiently and on time.
- Work closely with the Technical department and ensure all procedures are adhered to and communicated within the team accordingly. Challenge unnecessary activity and work with the Technical team to improve process.
- Lead and direct the Engineering function ensuring full cover is available to deliver uninterrupted production and PPM is in place and delivered. Encourage better understanding of machine performance and support delivery of efficiency improvements.
- Lead and direct the warehouse and Logistics function and ensure there is clear visibility of expected goods in/out, the warehouse is clean and tidy with stock accuracy exceeding 98%. You will need to ensure there is full traceability of all out bound product with correct paperwork in place. Working with the Logistics team ensure trailer utilization is managed and correct trailers are sourced and loaded efficiently.
- Drive high standards throughout the department to be “audit ready” at all times.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Competent at all aspects of the efficient and cost-effective operation of a manufacturing facility.
- Competent at People Management with a proven ability to develop and motivate direct reports ensuring maximum performance output is achieved by managing through people processes and policies.
- Competent and knowledgeable in quality systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in areas of Pharma Manufacturing.
- Good PC skills and related software applications (MS Office), with the ability to gather and manipulate data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to implement and lead continuous improvement initiatives and maintain a continuous improvement culture within the department.
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures. Ability to develop, plan, and implement short- and long-range goals.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment by building effective communication with the workforce.
- Project management skills.
Please apply online only with an up to date CV