Field Sales Executive - Ipswich 14/09/2020
Field Sales Executive - Ipswich
Bring your ambition and know-how to a wide-ranging Sales and New Business role within our leading international transport operation
Hit the ground running and hit the heights as you perform sales activities across a large UK region that includes the west of England and Wales. In this highly responsible role, you optimise the value of existing customers, add new customers to your portfolio, and make a valuable contribution to the success of Samskip, a growing company at the forefront of sustainable and multimodal logistics. It’s a tough business with demanding clients, but no two days are the same and we’ll make sure you have everything you need to meet your targets. The position is based at Wherstead Park, a beautiful part of Ipswich, but it is possible to work from home if you live far away from Ipswich.
Ready to roll?
This is a position for experienced candidates who can make some instant and positive contributions while promoting the services of Samskip Multimodal to existing and potential clients. You know the score so it’s up to you to decide where and how you can make a difference by applying your proven negotiation, communication and administrative skills. On a day to day basis, your activities include:
- Proactively exploring and growing the activities and value of your account base in ways that are mutually beneficial for customers and Samskip;
- Performing daily self-administration that includes, but is not limited to, the creation of customer-specific SOPs, timely update of CRM, credit requests, quote creation and filing, Account Plans etc;
- Networking and building relationships across Samskip in order to gain knowledge of the business, interacting with sales colleagues, operations, customer service to work most effectively;
- Pursuing the timely payment of outstanding invoices within terms from the account base under your management.
New business and customer interaction
In order to thrive, we embrace new business every bit as enthusiastically as we look after our existing customers. To that end you constantly hunt new leads, working independently under strategic guidance to seek and secure new business in line with company goals. You also manage and respond to customer enquiries, sometimes representing Samskip at industry and customer events and exhibitions.
A great place to work
At Samskip we aim to create a great working environment in which everyone works together while being challenged every day. We also invest in you via development opportunities for professional and personal growth. This is embodied by the training and e-learning provided by our Samskip Academy. On a regular basis, we fire up the team spirit with gatherings and events. Other benefits of this position include:
- A competitive compensation package;
- 23 days of annual leave;
- Private medical insurance;
- A company pension scheme;
- Company car or car allowance;
- A laptop and a mobile phone.
Are you the sales force we’re looking for?
Will you go the ‘extra mile’ to keep customers and colleagues happy? Have you learned to love variety and to expect the unexpected? Can you take the initiative while (team)working within a defined structure? If so, we’d love to hear from you. Along with these personal characteristics you also need to bring:
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the freight industry, selling transportation solutions to customers that include Blue Chip companies;
- The interactive and communication skills to work up and down (matrix) organisations;
- Fluent written and spoken English, with any other languages an advantage;
- The ability to travel for 2-3 days a week including some nights away, with occasional international travel.
If you think you could be a great asset to Samskip based on everything you’ve read here, don’t hang around. Click on the 'Apply' button and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the vacancy feel free to call us on 088-400 13 93 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.