Logistics Operations Coordinator 05032021
Logistics Operations Coordinator
Ensure smooth-running transport operations as you develop your career and contribute to the success of our dynamic international logistics company
Samskip’s site at Grangemouth in Scotland handles the final delivery of all the goods we ship to and from Scotland. In this busy and multi-facing role you’ll be trained in all aspects of these operations as you help us provide an outstanding level of professional service to customers and suppliers. As such, this is an excellent opportunity for you to develop your career within a small and multifunctional team. If that sounds like a great forward for you, read on!
Part of a dynamic international network
Samskip is an international company that provides the latest multimodal and sustainable logistics solutions for a fascinating range of customers worldwide. We have offices all over Europe and our site in Grangemouth forms an important part of that network. It’s hectic, it’s fun and every day is different as we work together to generate results that make a real difference to Samskip.
Wide-ranging operations and exceptional customer service
From day one you’ll be trained to get involved in all aspects of service delivery from the point of loading to the final delivery of goods. This encompasses three main activity areas:
You ensure optimized ‘vessel fill’ for both import and export voyages. This requires you to:
• Make the necessary shipping arrangements with vessels, the Port of Grangemouth, and other marine agencies and service providers;
• Finalise load figures, liaising with the terminal, vessel crew, pilots, tugs, and locks on vessel arrival/departure times and working arrangements.
You receive bookings and handle all enquiries for door-to-door and quay-to-quay customers. In doing so you:
• Check equipment availability, ship space and backloading haulage opportunities;
• Liaise with the sales teams to ensure correct quotes and pricing;
• Liaise with customers on transit enquiries and provide information via customer 3rd party portals as required.
Utilizing Samskip’s systems to manage door-to-door haulage and transport planning, you:
• Instruct hauliers and suppliers regarding door-to-door import and export movements and recovery of additional costs;
• Ensure the service provided by our haulage suppliers is cost-effective and matches our customers’ door-to-door requirements.
Shipping is a changeable environment and within our duty rota system, you provide cover one weekend in four.
Togetherness and growth
At Samskip we value our employees as our most important asset. We encourage personal responsibility, commitment and togetherness and we believe that each individual contributes to our overall success. That’s why we offer wide-ranging development opportunities including meaningful training and e-learning via our Samskip Academy. And, when the pandemic has passed, you can be sure that we’ll be firing up plenty of team gatherings and events. Samskip also offers:
• A competitive compensation package
• 23 days of annual leave
• Private medical and life insurance
• A company pension scheme
Variety and flexibility
To apply for this position you should be a positive and flexible person who thrives on variety and embodies a helpful, commercial and client-oriented approach. You want to succeed in our cross-cultural environment and you have the initiative and self-motivation to work independently in order to deliver quick and practical solutions. And if you have new ideas that will help us to work smarter, you should have the confidence to propose them. With all that will come:
• Educated to ‘A’ level, Advanced Highers or Degree level;
• Some customer-facing experience, ideally in transport, shipping or logistics;
• Excellent listening and questioning skills;
• A disciplined attention to detail;
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office;
• Fluent in written and spoken English