Business Development Manager Haulage l01052019
Business Development Manager Haulage
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our clients Haulage company for a Business Development Manager to join the team. The primary focus of this field-based role will be to develop new business opportunities within the GB to Ireland transport market, with the objective being to improve and grow the organisation’s market position and financial growth.
About the Company:
Our clients core business is the movement of dry freight full loads GB > Ireland > GB shipping across the Irish Sea. They operate a large and modern fleet from depots in Ballyclare, Dublin and Preston operating 24 / 7 to give our customers a reliable and flexible service.
- Research new sales leads within your designated territory ensuring an ongoing and robust pipeline of new opportunities.
- Liaise with Directors to formulate a sales strategy to fit with the seasonal requirements of the business.
- Identify potential new customers and the key decision makers within the organisations.
- Develop quotations and proposals to be presented to potential new customers.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the other Group services to enable effective cross selling of their services and solutions.
- Planning and overseeing the integration of new business into our network in conjunction with our Operations and Customer Service teams.
- Attending exhibitions, trade shows and relevant Industry networking events when required.
- Track and record activity of new accounts, submit weekly sales reports and present at Group sales meetings.
Reviewing and increasing customer rates on an annual basis or as required.
- Candidates should possess good relationship development skills and a professional and methodical approach to their workload.
- Strong presentation, communication, IT and administrative Skills.
- Effective planning and attention to detail is a must for this role.
- Experience in a similar background preferred but not essential.
- Competitive salary - negotiable depending on experience
- A fully funded health care plan
- Company Car
- Mobile Phone
- Lap Top
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Long service recognition
- Employee recognition
- Paid holidays
- Role specific training
- Continuous personal development