Commercial Vehicle Technician - Milton Keynes jlp15032019
Commercial Vehicle Technician - Milton Keynes
Commercial Vehicle Technician, Nights
Salary Up to £36,000 plus shift allowance and overtime
37.5 hours per week
22:00 - 06:00, Working 5 days out of 7.
Includes weekend working
Overtime also available.
£14.11 - £18.40 per hour (£27,600- £36,000) plus shift allowance.
Duties & Responsibilities
John Lewis Partnership Commercial Vehicle Technicians are the lifeblood of our logistics network. Without them, our shelves would be empty and our customers disappointed. Our Vehicle Technicians are encouraged to manage their own time, while being proactive to ensure our Commercial Fleet is maintained.
Can you see yourself in this role? A typical day may see yourself doing the following:
- Servicing and repairing any of our Commercial Vehicles
- Maintaining a compliant and safe working environment
- Attending a 'Partner Voice' session to help shape the direction of your department and wider business
- Enjoying a freshly made subsidised lunch in our Partner's Dining Room
Having won 'Retail Shipper of the Year' in 2017, you will join a forward thinking team who are helping to shape our Partnership for the future. What other companies provide a share of profits to their workers? Becoming a Partner will open up a host of benefits including subsidised learning, access to exclusive Partner Hotels and so much more.
To land this role as a Commercial Vehicle Technician you will need a City and Guilds 1,2,3 Vehicle Technician or equivalent qualification and a LGV C+E driving licence.
Is this job not your perfect match? If you have a friend of family member who would suit this role we would love to hear from them.
Required essential experience skills and qualifications
- A proven background in transport commercial vehicle repairs
Required desirable experience skills and qualifications
You may also have:
- Good interpersonal and IT skills
- DCPC Card
Please consider the following when making your application:
- Print off the job description now if you require it, as you may not be able to access this once the vacancy has closed.
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore, we recommend you apply early.