Transport Planner - Nuneaton AB21022019
Transport Planner - Nuneaton
Archbold Logistics is a family owned transport business that has been providing first class logistics services since 1918.
They now have an opportunity for an experienced Transport Planner to join their team in Nuneaton.
Salary - Circa £28,000 + Benefits
45 Hours per week
Monday to Friday, with 1 or 2 Saturday mornings per month with additional remuneration.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To plan and delivery the daily vehicle plan by linking Nuneaton and other depot locations ensuring maximum earnings, excellent vehicle utilisation, making the best use of driver resources whilst delivering excellent customer service to our client base.
To complete daily driver de-brief with all drivers and ensure ongoing communications with the drivers during the day to ensure the execution of the Plan.
To ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the Company’s fleet all in line with the objectives and direction set out by the Company’s Annual Plan.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. To route and plan all the Depot’s vehicles (Class 1 and Class 2) to ensure that the Company’s fleet and associated resources are maximised and that they operate efficiently and cost effectively.
2. To deliver excellent customer service to all our clients and improve where possible including ensuring that customer KPI requirements are met.
3. Ensure daily liaison is achieved with the Warehouse to ascertain delivery profiles.
4.To complete daily driver de-brief with all drivers and ensure ongoing communications with the drivers during the day to ensure the execution of the Plan.
5. Communicate in a professional manner on a consistent basis with customers/suppliers/business contacts via email and telephone.
6. Assist colleagues in providing cover with other roles within the department as and when reasonably requested by your Supervisor or Manager.
7. Involve yourself with team principles that continuously endeavour to achieve quality, improvement & high performance.
8. Ensure the protection and good care of all the Company’s assets, equipment, materials and intellectual property and that there is no misappropriation of any by the job holder.
9. Adhere to all Company policies & procedures relating to Health & Safety, Quality Control, Human Resources, operational etc.
10. Undertake any other duties to the benefit of the Company as reasonably requested by your Manager.
1. Relationships with others – demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude towards others. Behave in an honest, open and trustworthy manner.
2. Teamwork – Work effectively as part of a team and contribute positively to building a team spirit. Share information, knowledge, ideas and experiences freely with others.
3. Customer Service – deliver excellent customer service. Have an appreciation of what customers want and continuously strive to meet their expectations within the confines of the role.
4. Health and Safety – work safely within Health and Safety and environmental guidelines and insist that others do the same.
5. Job Performance - Achieve work targets and show willing to take on additional tasks/responsibilities. Contribute positively to performance management reviews to continuously develop. Demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and commitment.
SPECIFIC WORK BASED SKILLS:
1. Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
2. Conscientious worker
3. Attention to detail
4. Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
5. Possess an adept ability to prioritise workload
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Software Packages and Mandata Traffic Management System are desirable
7. Show proficiency in Working Time Directive, Drivers Hours, Tachographs etc.
8. Show commercial awareness and be financially astute, being aware at all times of the consequences of inconsistent data and controls.
9. Transport Manager’s CPC qualification is required in this role.