Traffic Operator - Heywood (Lancashire) AB04092019
Traffic Operator - Heywood (Lancashire)
Archbold Logistics is a family owned transport business that has been providing first class logistics services since 1918.
They now have an opportunity for a Traffic Operator to join their team at their Heywood Depot (Lancashire).
Salary - Circa £28,000 per annum plus benefits
36 Hours per week - working hours/days as follows:
Friday - 2pm until 8pm
Saturday - 6am until 6pm
Sunday - 6am until 6pm
Monday - 6am until Midday
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
1. To oversee all traffic operations at all locations over the weekend to include driver/vehicle allocation, re-routing where necessary whilst ensuring maximum earnings, excellent vehicle utilisation and making the best use of driver resources.
2. To ensure that Mandata (TMS System) and all other IT systems are maintained and updated as required so the TMS system is consistently accurate.
3. To provide excellent customer service to all our customers and produce all necessary customer reports, KPI’s etc for all customers as required.
4. To undertake any other tasks as determined by operational requirements as and when required in order to ensure that every Monday gets off to a good start.
1. Relationships with others – demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude towards others. Behave in an honest, open and trustworthy manner.
2. Teamwork – Work effectively as part of a team and contribute positively to building a team spirit. Share information, knowledge, ideas and experiences freely with others.
3. Customer Service – deliver excellent customer service. Have an appreciation of what customers want and continuously strive to meet their expectations within the confines of the role.
4. Health and Safety – work safely within Health and Safety and environmental guidelines and insist that others do the same.
5. Job Performance - Achieve work targets and show willing to take on additional tasks/responsibilities. Contribute positively to performance management reviews to continuously develop. Demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and commitment.
SPECIFIC WORK BASED SKILLS:
1. Excellent traffic operation skills and an understanding of the processes involved.
2. Conscientious worker with an emphasis on being customer focussed.
3. Show an attention to detail.
4. The ability to work on own initiative and have an aptitude for problem solving.
5. Possess an adept ability to prioritise workload.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Software Packages and Mandata Traffic Management System are desirable.
7. Show proficiency in Working Time Directive, Drivers Hours, Tachographs etc.
8. Show commercial awareness and be financially astute, being aware of the consequences of inconsistent data and controls.
9. Transport Manager’s CPC is desirable in this role.
10. Class 1 Licence is desirable in this role.