Operations & Logistics Director 35743
Operations & Logistics Director
Our client a long established family run business who specialise in the manufacturing of pet care products from production through warehousing and logistics is now seeking an experienced Operations & Logistics Director.
Location: North Somerset
Salary: competitive, plus benefits
- The role will be responsible for both the production and logistics areas of the business making sure the whole operation runs as smoothly and efficiently as possible to include full budgetary and P&L accountability
- Ensuring a positive health and safety culture
- Lead the various site teams, empowering them to be self-motivated, develop and drive key performance targets.
- Meet with key suppliers periodically in order to maintain and improve relationships and control service and pricing to the business.
- Drive customer service level performance improvements
- Head daily/weekly operations meetings
- Coaching & mentoring of direct reports
- Delivery KPIs including cost efficiency, waste reduction
- Analysis of production and quality to detect and correct problems.
- Planning and scheduling production resources to meet customer needs within quality, time and cost specifications.
- Working closely with the operations teams to establish forecasts and priorities affecting workload
- Dealing effectively with HR issues including disciplinaries/ hiring/ firing
- Any other duties required.
- Degree educated, ideally in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 7 years in a leadership role in a fast moving operational environment, preferably supply chain and production orientated
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge depth in change management and lean management tools are preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge and use of continuous improvement techniques
- Proven track history of success within production management.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- You must be able to demonstrate a successful track record of implementing KPIs on site as well as how you have delivered improvements to performance whether through training or process improvement.
- The ability to effectively manage and lead a large team of people to drive production forward is essential.
- In depth health & safety knowledge, ideally accompanied by IOSH and NEBOSH qualifications.
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please apply online with an up to date CV.