Group Head Of Finance 35632
Group Head Of Finance
Market leading, large scale, multi-site commercial vehicle/automotive distributor
West London - M25/M4 Corridor
Six figure package, executive benefits
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly accomplished finance leader to make a significant contribution to the growth, development and strategic direction of this long standing and highly respected Group. Our client is one of the UK’S foremost commercial vehicle distributors, an ambitious and highly successful £120m subsidiary of a major Group, supplying premium quality commercial vehicles and aftersales services through a multi-site network around London and the South East. Their business proposition is most compelling – an enviable reputation for the supply of top branded products, great people, excellent customer service and a real passion for further success. With future growth on the agenda, they wish to strengthen their leadership team with the addition of a first-class finance professional, who will take the finance function to the next level.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, and a key member of the Senior Management Team, your remit will include:-
- Leadership and development of the finance team (c.20 staff) delivering outstanding commercial financial control, compliance, planning and reporting
- Provide insightful financial information and analysis to the Board and management colleagues enabling the business to achieve its strategic and operational objectives
- Work collaboratively with the Group MD, the Board and management colleagues across the business
- Oversee and deliver an outstanding level of statutory and regulatory financial reporting
- Review current practices, implementing a change programme, which develops and improves financial systems and processes
- Lead annual business planning and budgeting cycle with strong commercial vision
- Own the relationship with external auditors, developing a positive partnership approach
We are looking for a special individual, a qualified accountant, used to operating at Board level and with significant experience in leading and developing a finance function in an HGV/LCV commercial vehicle, automotive or associated setting. You may be an experienced Finance Director in a smaller organisation or perhaps an ambitious Head of Finance or Group Financial Controller looking for your next exciting career step/challenge. Either way, your core expertise will be in the operational leadership of a modern finance department where robust financial systems and controls deliver enhanced commercial value.
In addition to your leadership and technical expertise, success in this role will depend upon your ability to build effective relationships with colleagues across the Group. It follows your style will be “hands on”, engaging and collaborative and you will possess the sort of the personality and presence that wins hearts and minds and influences positive commercial outcomes.
This is a key appointment being made at an exciting time for this ambitious business. Along with an exceptional remuneration package, it is anticipated the successful candidate who delivers in this role will have plenty of career development opportunity in this progressive and forward-thinking Group.