Commercial Vehicles Technical Trainer - Milton Keynes 35248
Commercial Vehicles Technical Trainer - Milton Keynes
About Impetus Automotive
Based in Warwick, the Company is a long established and well regarded global consultancy, and part of an AIM listed Group. As a market leader we provide end to end solutions tailored to our clients’ needs, purely within the automotive industry. We support a blue chip client base of vehicle manufacturers through the delivery of consultancy services, IT / data solutions, business process improvement, business process outsourcing and Training. We work within six core channels; parts, service, retail sales, corporate sales, accessories and used vehicles.
We now have the exciting opportunity for an individual who excels within a fast paced, challenging and hugely rewarding environment to be a Commercial Vehicles Technical Trainer.
This role provides a great opportunity to broaden your skills to enable you to deliver a range of engaging and informative training programmes which will include elements of course development and design.
- Delivery of core technical and project-based training programmes.
- To deliver engaging, learner-focused training solutions aligned to TAP methodology.
- Ensure delegates’ action plans are completed with appropriate challenges.
- All ROI evaluations are briefed and completed.
- Ensure Return on Investment is a key driver behind all delivery.
- Align all delivery to VWG and individual brand cultures and requirements.
- Utilise appropriate technology in the delivery of learning interventions, such as e-learning and virtual classrooms.
- Undertake design work as and when required that is learner-focused, aligned to TAP methodology and brand/factory requirements, covering all training areas.
- Developing materials necessary for the delivery of new Model Launch courses.
- Perform all aspects of the role to the standards set out within yearly objectives and KPI/SLA agreements between Volkswagen Group UK & Impetus Training Ltd.
- Undertake all aspects of administration in relation to training delivery, e.g. completing course rosters, pre-course and post-course briefings, assignment/test scoring and inputting.
- Attend factory or brand led events as a representative of the brand, Impetus Automotive and Learning Services, ranging from Train the Trainer events to Product Launches.
- Practical current vocational skills and expertise in the areas you are required to train (minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent).
- Proven track record of consistently achieving performance targets.
- A team player yet capable and willing to work on own initiative.
- Experience of developing others.
- Ability to maintain a dynamic and engaging delivery style at all times.
- Ability to engage groups of learners at every stage of the learning process using a variety of exercises and discussions to embed learning.
- Ability to translate interventions and content in a way that provides learners with the link to how application of learning will lead to performance improvement.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of L&D theory and best practice and how it is practically applied in an L&D department.
- An understanding of blended learning and its application.
- Maintains credibility by keeping up to date with new and revised learning and development theories, practices, and methodologies including technological advancements.
- A genuine interest and passion for the automotive industry, keeping abreast of developments both within the VWG brands and its competitors.
- Intermediate IT Skills – All Microsoft Office Packages.
- TAP Delivery Skills Accredited.
- Experience of utilising technology in the delivery of training such as webinars, social media.
- An understanding of ROI and its application in training interventions.
- Experience of working in learning departments with a focus on achieving set qualification standards & targets.
- An understanding of assessment tools and their links to learning & development.
- Able to commute to the Milton Keynes area.
- Volkswagen Groups National learning Centre in Milton Keynes.
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car