Contract/Operations Manager - Wolverhampton 11092020
Contract/Operations Manager - Wolverhampton
Position: Contract/Operations Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
- To maximise profitability and the efficient running of the Wolverhampton operation – all in line with Company objectives.
- To build and develop a strong relationship with our on-site customer across all levels of responsibility – and with a long-term objective in mind.
- To build and develop any additional business opportunities that come along with a view to the development of our Wolverhampton operation.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To take overall control of our Wolverhampton operation and be involved with traffic planning/scheduling, customer management/development and associated administrative tasks.
- Ensure that the operation runs efficiently and profitably whilst ensuring excellent customer service is maintained/improved upon for our on-site customer.
- Improve operational efficiencies across the operation to include reducing empty running, waiting time, demurrage, efficient invoicing etc.
- Ensure that the customer is satisfied with our service levels, and that we build a strong relationship with our on-site customer. Ensure that all customer KPI requirements are met.
- Liaise with all other operational areas of the business on a daily basis to ensure that the Company provides the very best operational and profitable solutions for the good of the Company.
- Ensure the protection and good care of all the Company’s assets, equipment, materials, intellectual property and that there is no misappropriation of any by the job holder.
- Adhere to all Company policies & procedures relating to Health & Safety, Quality Control, Human Resources, operational etc.
- Undertake any other duties to the benefit of the Company as reasonably requested by senior management, Directors.
- Show commercial awareness in all tasks that you undertake ensuring maximum profitability.
- Relationships with others – demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude towards others. Behave in an honest, open and trustworthy manner.
- Teamwork – Work effectively as part of the Company team and contribute positively to building a team spirit.
- Share information, knowledge, ideas and experiences freely with others. Involve yourself with team principles that continuously endeavour to achieve quality, improvement & high performance.
- Communicate in a professional manner on every occasion with external and internal contacts.
- Customer Service – deliver excellent customer service. Have an appreciation of what customers want and continuously strive to meet their expectations within the confines of the role.
- Health and Safety – work safely within Health and Safety and environmental guidelines and insist that others do the same.
- Job Performance - Achieve work targets and show a willingness to take on additional tasks/responsibilities. Contribute positively to performance management reviews to continuously develop the team. Demonstrate energy, enthusiasm, commitment.
SPECIFIC WORK BASED SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Conscientious worker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team and be a ‘team player’
- Possess an adept ability to prioritise workload
- Show proficiency and a good knowledge of planning/operational skills.
- Have excellent geographical knowledge.
- Have excellent IT skills and be methodical in your approach.
- Hold the Transport Manager’s CPC qualification.