Area HGV Class 2 Driver - Norton (64548) 64548
Area HGV Class 2 Driver - Norton (64548)
Area Class 2 Crane Driver – Jewson Norton TS19 9PB
Saint-Gobain is the world leader in designing, manufacturing and distributing building materials.
Jewson, alongside its 34 sister brands form the Saint-Gobain group. Our company works together to continuously look at personal development within its brands to create exciting opportunities for your future.
What is an Area Driver?
An Area driver is a permanent driver required to cover absence within a designated area.
You will be assigned to our Jewson Norton branch and required to cover a cluster of branches.
These branches are; Middlesbrough, Redcar, Norton, Whitby, Stokesley, Sedgefield, Stockton and Stockton (Lockheed Close).
You will receive Travel and Subsistence Paid.
Job Role/Skills and Experience:
As a customer delivery driver, you will be required to safely deliver building materials to our customers whilst representing the company with a professional approach. You will be loading and unloading so heavy lifting will be involved. In addition, your job role will include supporting your colleagues within the branch, yard and warehouse.
We are looking for someone with;
- A valid class 2 (Category C) licence, a CPC Card and Digi Tachograph card.
- Previous experience completing multi-drop deliveries.
- A crane certificate (this is beneficial but not essential).
We pride ourselves on the training that we offer; this involves a 1 week residential course where you will gain a fully funded and accredited Vehicle Mounted Crane Certificate.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, has a flexible approach, excellent communication skills and a customer-focused attitude.
- On top of your basic salary you’ll receive a subsistence and mileage.
- Offer fully funded and accredited Vehicle Mounted Crane Training.
- Opportunities for career progression and development.
- Holiday: 31 days increasing to 33 with service with a flexible holiday scheme.
- Pension Scheme – Saint-Gobain Retirement Savings Plan.
- Life Assurance – 2x salary/ 4x if in the pension scheme.
- Saint-Gobain Share options.
- Staff Discount Card offering over 8000 discounts with various blue-chip companies.
Sociable working hours; which are based on a 45 hour week (Monday to Friday between the hours of 07:00 – 17:00 and alternate Saturdays 08:00 – 12:00).
What do I need to do now?
We would love to hear from you! In order to find out more and apply, please click below to register and submit your CV.
What happens next?
If you have been successful one of our friendly Resource Coordinators from our Southampton Recruitment Team (Area Code 02380) will be in contact within 14 days of your application to find out more about you and to discuss the role.
AGENCY - Please note that we have our own marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.