Transport Maintenance Team Leader - Newton Abbot 34243
Transport Maintenance Team Leader - Newton Abbot
£35,000 - £40,000 Per Annum
Glendinning’s is a major independently owned Quarrying company looking to appoint a Transport Maintenance Team Leader, the company operates a large transport fleet of 82 LGV and Trailers, 70 light commercial vehicles and company cars, across 5 sites within Devon and Cornwall.
Assessing priorities, ensuring deadlines are met and managing tasks efficiently and effectively. Including:-
- Understanding and operating the in house, paperless system.
- Dealing daily with annual vehicle tests, maintenance/safety inspections, defect reporting and quality control.
- To lead a team of Transport Maintenance Fitters and apprentices. Ensuring that all inspections/repairs are carried out to the highest standards and efficiently to meet the business needs.
- You will be expected to confidently solve, day to day problems that impact on the running of the fleet, including maintenance and personnel issues.
The ideal candidate will need:
- At least 5+ years of supervisory/managerial fleet maintenance, preferably in a similar industry/sector.
- An LGV License/ Class One is essential.
- CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) in National Road Haulage would be an advantage.
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- IOSH (Institute of Occupational Safety and Health) Managing Safely would be advantageous.
- To be computer literate and have experience of using MS Word, Excel, Outlook and digital download technology.
As an equal opportunities employer, we will in return offer a package that includes a competitive salary with company vehicle and company pension.
The closing date for all applications is Friday 27th October 2017.