Traffic Planner/Operator - Heywood 34053
Traffic Planner/Operator - Heywood
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure the efficient and profitable operation of the Company’s fleet all in line with the objectives and direction set out by the Company’s Annual Plan.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To route and plan all the Depot’s vehicles (Class 1 and also Class 2) to ensure that the Company’s fleet and associated resources are maximised and operating efficiently and cost effectively at all times.
- To deliver excellent customer service to all our clients and improve upon them on an ongoing basis including ensuring that customer KPI requirements are met.
- Ensure daily liaison is achieved with the Warehouse to ascertain delivery profiles.
- Assist in improving operational efficiencies within the team to include reducing empty running, waiting time, efficient invoicing etc.
- To take all reasonable steps within your control to ensure the Company operates legally at all times and keeps itself updated of any legal requirements.
- Implement and maintain reporting mechanisms to ensure that department information (financial and operational) is available for your Manager as appropriate.
- Communicate in a professional manner at all times with customers/suppliers/business contacts via email and telephone.
- Assist colleagues in providing cover with other roles within the department as and when reasonably requested by your Supervisor or Manager.
- Involve yourself with team principles that continuously endeavour to achieve quality, improvement & high performance.
- Ensure the protection and good care of all the Company’s assets, equipment, materials and intellectual property and that there is no misappropriation of any by the job holder.
- Adhere to all Company policies & procedures relating to Health & Safety, Quality Control, Human Resources, operational etc.
- Undertake any other duties to the benefit of the Company as reasonably requested by your Supervisor/Manager.
SPECIFIC WORK BASED SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Conscientious worker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Possess an adept ability to prioritise workload
- Show proficiency in Microsoft Software Packages and Mandata Traffic system
- Show proficiency in Working Time Directive, Drivers Hours, Tachographs etc.
- Show commercial awareness and be financially astute, being aware at all times of the consequences of inconsistent data and controls.
- Transport Managers CPC required