European Planner/Operator - Heywood 33784
European Planner/Operator - Heywood
Central Depot, Heywood
Salary circa £27,000 - £30,000
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To assist in the daily running of the European traffic operation which will involve working as part of a team of four ensuring that all jobs/contracts are run efficiently, professionally, cost effectively, in a timely manner and all in line with customer requirements. This will also include some sales support and working to provide solutions for new leads as provided by our sales professional.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing sales support to the Department.
- Handling customer quotations in a timely and positive manner.
- Handling bookings coming in to the Department.
- Facilitating organising transport to fulfil the jobs/customer requirements.
- Monitoring all jobs to a successful completion.
GENERAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
- Communicate in a professional manner on all occasions with customers, suppliers and business contacts via email and telephone.
- Assist colleagues in providing cover with other roles within the department and within your skill set as and when reasonably requested by your Manager.
- Involve yourself with team principles that continuously endeavour to achieve quality, improvement & high performance.
- Ensure the protection and good care of all the Company’s assets, equipment, materials and intellectual property and that there is no misappropriation of any by the job holder.
- Adhere to all Company policies & procedures relating to Health & Safety, Quality Control, Human Resources, operational etc.
- Undertake any other duties to the benefit of the Company as reasonably requested by your Manager.
SPECIFIC WORK BASED SKILLS:
- Have some experience of European transport/traffic scheduling and of the European Logistics industry in general
- Have some European forwarding experience
- Be customer focussed at all times
- Have the ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Be a conscientious worker
- Show attention to detail at all times
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be a good forward planner and have good organisational skills
- Understand the need for consistency
- Show proficiency in Transport Management System (Mandata), Microsoft Software Packages etc.
- Show commercial awareness and be financially astute and always be aware of margins and company budget target/requirements.
Please apply online with an up to date CV and if you are short listed we will be in touch.