Operations Manager - Nuneaton 32560
Operations Manager - Nuneaton
Operations Manager - Nuneaton Depot
1 x Traffic Planner/1 x Traffic Planner (PalletFORCE) and 2 x Warehouse Operatives
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure that Nuneaton Traffic is run efficiently, professionally, cost effectively and in a timely manner ensuring legal compliance, meeting customer expectations, company period end deadlines and the annual plan for the Nuneaton Depot.
To ensure that the Nuneaton Depot and Warehouse facility is run efficiently, professionally, cost effectively and in a timely manner ensuring legal compliance, meeting customer expectations, company period end deadlines and the annual plan for the Nuneaton Depot.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To deliver the daily plan ensuring maximum earnings and vehicle utilisation.
- To take responsibility for the minimisation of issues with customers and to ensure full liaison when necessary, relating to running late, traffic problems and any concerns that may affect the delivery quality of the task.
- Ensure that the Depot finds suitable reloads, and to subcontract work as required.
- To ensure that drivers/contractors hand in the correct load documentation.
- To ensure that the Depots’ drivers and vehicles are operating to the required legal standards.
- Present vehicles and trailers as required for maintenance.
- Ensure that all driver resources are controlled and used effectively.
- Ensure that the PalletFORCE operation runs in a professional and efficient manner, and that all trunks are planned in and leave on time.
- Work with the other company depots to ensure cross fertilisation of knowledge on each function within the front desk operation, which will ensure the best use of Company resources.
- Ensure that customer services levels are maintained and improved upon where necessary, and promote a customer focussed culture across the department.
- Manage the warehouse and its staff in terms of loading, unloading, PalletFORCE, customer stock management, depot housekeeping etc.
- Understand depot financial reporting to include weekly P&L for the depot, wages reporting etc.
- Take responsibility and continually review procedures and processes for any of the above tasks under your control
- Ensure that housekeeping within the department is of a very high standard at all times and ensure health and safety procedures and legislation are observed at all times.
- Develop and promote the use of IT systems within the department in conjunction with the General Manager and the IT/Logistics Department.
- Ensure the protection and good care of all the company’s assets and intellectual property and that there is no misappropriate of either by any of the staff for whom you are responsible.
- Promote a culture of training and development across the department.
- Identify and constantly review areas that cause a detrimental effect on efficiencies/profitability within any area of the department and take steps to put procedures in place to eliminate.
- Implement and maintain reporting mechanisms to ensure that Traffic information (financial and operational ie weekly P&L, wages information) is available to Head Office, General Manager and Board as appropriate.
GENERAL COMPANY REQUIREMENTS:
- Communicate in a professional manner on all occasions with customers, suppliers and business contacts via email and telephone.
- Assist colleagues in providing cover with other roles within the department and within your skill set as and when reasonably requested by your Manager.
- Involve yourself with team principles that continuously endeavour to achieve quality, improvement & high performance.
- Ensure the protection and good care of all the Company’s assets, equipment, materials and intellectual property and that there is no misappropriation of any by the job holder.
- Adhere to all Company policies & procedures relating to Health & Safety, Quality Control, Human Resources, operational etc.
- Undertake any other duties to the benefit of the Company as reasonably requested by your Manager.
- Relationships with others – Demonstrate a positive and respectful attitude towards others. Behave in an honest, open and trustworthy manner.
- Teamwork – Work effectively as part of a team and contribute positively to building a team spirit. Share information, knowledge, ideas and experiences freely with others. Encourage effective cooperation amongst team members and between teams. Lead by example to achieve high standards of performance.
- Customer Service/Support to Depots – Deliver excellent customer service/support to Depots. Have an appreciation of their requirements and continuously strive to meet their expectations within the confines of the role.
- Health and Safety – Work safely within Health and Safety and environmental guidelines and insist that others do the same.
- Job Performance - Achieve work targets and show willing to take on additional tasks/responsibilities. Contribute positively to performance management reviews to continuously develop. Demonstrate energy, enthusiasm and commitment.
** Applicants must hold a Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) **
SPECIFIC WORK BASED SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing
- Conscientious worker
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Be a good forward planner and have good organisational skills
- Understand the need for consistency
- Show proficiency in Microsoft Software Packages, Mandata, Alliance etc
- Show commercial awareness and be financially astute, being aware of the consequences of inconsistent planning and controls.
SPECIFIC PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Organised and Flexible
- Amiable and Tolerant
- Mature and Responsible
- Self Motivated
- Reliable and Punctual
- Well Presented
- Positive attitude towards work/colleagues
- Good sense of humour
- Have good people management skills and have the ability to apply a range of techniques to individual circumstances